The protection of personal information is of great importance to us. This is why we operate the website www.chemistry-compass.eu (hereinafter the “Portal”) in accordance with the applicable laws for data protection and data safety. In the following, you will learn what kind of personal data we collect, how we protect your data and how we use it.
§1 Data Collection
(1) Personal Data
We do not collect personal data over the portal unless you submit such data to us voluntarily (e.g. by using our contact form) or have given your consent to this collection of data or if the respective laws concerning data protection allow this. Personal data is information which can be used to identify you or other individuals the information concerns personally (e.g. name, address, phone number, email address).
For a personalized use of all of the Portal’s features you need to register. For registration, we collect e.g. your user name, a password chosen by you, first and last name, the name of your organization, address as well as email address (master data). This data is needed e.g. for giving you access and support as well as for the provision of individual services.
(2) Communication-Related or Usage-Related Data
When you access the Portal, communication-related data (e.g. internet protocol addresses) or usage-related data (e.g. login data, start of use, duration of use, as well as the telecommunication services used by you) will be created, stored and processed for analysis of the Portal’s use by automated technical processes. This data may allow conclusions on personal information. If any further collection, processing or use of your communication-related or usage-related data is absolutely necessary, this will be conducted according to data protection law.
(3) Content Data
Furthermore, you can provide us with more data, especially company profiles, job offers, information on events or press releases or newspaper articles, for example by filling out forms or by uploads within the context of your use of the Portal (Content Data):
§ 2 Purpose
(1) The personal data provided by you will generally be used by us for the purpose of answering or processing your queries or for granting you access to specific information or offers.
(2) In addition, we will use personal data in order to provide the services we offer, e.g. in order to connect you as a potential employer with job candidates looking for work.
(3) This may require:
- storing, processing or disclosing your personal data to a third party (service provider); or
- that we (or a third party on our behalf) utilize your personal data in order to inform you about services the Portal or third parties offer which may benefit your business activities.
§ 3 Disclosure
(1) We shall only disclose the personal data provided by you to third parties in the following manner:
- According to the provisions in the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (German Data Protection Act), we disclose data to third parties for advertisement purposes if only so-called list data (e.g. name, title, address) is affected. You can refuse this disclosure at any time.
- With your consent: in all other cases we will inform you if personal information is about to be disclosed to third parties in order to obtain your consent.
- Disclosure of personal data to public institutions or authorities shall only take place if this is authorized by obligatory national statutory provisions or when such disclosure is necessary for the legal or criminal prosecution of attacks on our network infrastructure. There will be no disclosure to third parties for any other purposes.
§ 4 Purposeful Use
The data provided by you will only be collected, processed or used for purposes previously communicated to you, unless such collection, processing or use
- is for an additional purpose which is in direct correlation to the original purpose of the data collection,
- is necessary for the preparation, negotiation or performance of our contract with you,
- is necessary due to a legal obligation or an order given by court or authority,
- is necessary for the substantiation or protection of legal claims or for the defense against legal actions,
- serves the prevention of abuse or other unlawful activities, e.g. intentional attacks on BCNP’s systems that warrant data protection.
§ 5 Google Analytics
(1) The Portal uses Google Analytics, a service for the analysis of websites provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” which are stored on your computer and allow an analysis of the Portal’s usage by you. The information generated by the cookie about Portal usage by you will generally be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If IP anonymization is activated on the Portal, your IP address will be shortened by Google before Google transmits it to the USA, within the member states of the European Union or other member states of the Treaty of European Economic Area. Google will only transmit your full IP address to the USA and shorten it there in exceptional cases.
(2) On behalf of BCNP, Google will use the transmitted data for analyzing your usage of the Portal, compile reports on your activities on the Portal, as well as provide possible other services connected to the use of the Portal. The shortened IP address communicated by your browser and collected by Google Analytics will not be connected to other data Google has available.
(3) You can refuse the storing of cookies through settings in your browser software, but it is possible that this will not allow you to make full use of all of the Portal’s functionality. In addition, you can prevent the collection of the personal data (e.g. IP address) compiled by the cookie through your usage of the Portal by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link. It will generate an opt-out cookie which will prevent the future collection of your data when using the Portal: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/eula.html?hl=de
(4) You can find additional information on Terms and Conditions and data protection under https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/?fg=1. Please note that on the Portal, Google Analytics was extended by the code “gat._anonymizeIp();” in order to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
§ 6 „Cookies“
(1) When you visit the Portal or log in, it’s possible that we may store data on your computer or mobile device in terms of a „cookie“ which will recognize your computer upon your next visit automatically.
(2) For example, cookies allow us to adapt the site to your interests or to recognize your computer. If you do not want your computer to be recognized, please adjust your browser to delete all cookies from your hard drive or your mobile device, block all cookies or warn you before storing a cookie.
§ 7 Children
Personal data of children will not knowingly be collected without explicit warning that such data should only be transmitted with the parents’ consent if applicable law requires this. Any use or disclosure of children’s personal data by us shall only occur if this is permitted by law for obtaining the legally necessary consent of the parents or for child protection. The term “child/children” refers to the applicable national statutory definitions and cultural norms.
§ 8 Safety
BCNP shall undertake technical and organizational measures in order to protect your personal data against unintentional or unauthorized deletion, alteration, loss, as well as unauthorized disclosure or access. We will try to limit access to our database to authorized users, but cannot warrant that unauthorized users may gain access.
§ 9 Links to External Websites, Framing
§ 10 Right of Rescission
(1) Upon registration you consent to our collection and storage of master data, usage data and content data and that we may use such data for improving our services, our customer care, or for analyzing user activities, for personalized advertisement, offers and for tailoring our services to market needs.
§ 11 Right to Information and Contact Data
(1) Upon your request we will inform you if and which personal data is stored about your person or your alias free of charge. Incorrect data will be corrected by us upon gaining knowledge of it.
(2) If you wish to obtain information about your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, or if you have additional questions about the use of the personal data provided by you, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.